Frequently Asked Questions
- Why doesn't the area in the screenshot match the rectangle I made?
- Why can't I take a screenshot of a particular web page?
- Which browsers are supported for taking screenshots?
- Which browsers are supported for marking up a screenshot?
- Is there an API available for Screenshots?
Why doesn't the area in the screenshot match the rectangle I made?
The Capture region feature only works correctly if your browser is at 100% zoom. If you draw a rectangle to take a screenshot and the resulting screenshot doesn't include the entire region (or includes extra space), check your browser zoom settings.
Why can't I take a screenshot of a particular web page?
There are several possible reasons why you might not be able to take a screenshot of a web page. They include:
- The page has not finished loading. Wait until the page finishes loading before taking a screenshot.
Which browsers are supported for taking screenshots?
You need to install the Screenleap browser extension in order to take screenshots. Our browser extension is currently available for Chrome.
Which browsers are supported for marking up a screenshot?
Marking up a screenshot is only supported on browsers that support the HTML5 canvas tag and cross-origin resource sharing (CORS). Currently, the supported browsers are Google Chrome, Firefox, and Safari version 5.2 and above. You may be able to mark up screenshots using other browsers but we do not formally support those browsers.
Is there an API available for Screenshots?
We will be releasing an API for Screenshots in the future. Please let us know what you would like to be able to do with it.