This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that we do not own or control, or to individuals that we do not employ or manage. This policy also does not apply to information you choose to disclose publicly on the Website (i.e., information which is viewable to other Website users), which will not be considered Personal Data.
If you reside in the European Union ("EU"), United Kingdom, Lichtenstein, Norway, Iceland, or Switzerland, you may have additional rights with respect to your Personal Data, as further outlined below. These rights may include rights under the EU's General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR").
II. What Personal Data Does Screenleap Collect?
We collect and/or process your Personal Data in connection with the below activities related to our Website and Services:
- Account registration
- Use of certain Website and Service features
- Generating reports based on information collected from use of our Website or Services
- Requesting service and support for our Services and providing such support
- Placing orders
- Registering to attend a seminar or webinar
- Registering for newsletter subscriptions
- Participating in an online survey
- Billing and collecting payments for our Services
We collect the following categories of Personal Data about you when you use or otherwise interact with our Website and Services:
A. Personal Data You Provide to Us
We receive and store any information you provide to us. The types of Personal Data collected may include:
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Postal or other physical address
- Credit/debit card information
You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of certain features, options, customizations, and offers if they require Personal Data that you have not provided.
B. Personal Data Collected Automatically
Whenever you interact with our Website, we automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser. The information collected include your IP address, "cookie" information, browser information, operating system information, and the page you requested.
Geolocation - We collect information about where you are located when using our Services. We use this information for purposes such as optimizing your connection to our data center and suggesting customizations to your experience with our Services (e.g., your language preference).
Usage Information - When you use some of our Services, network information is transmitted back to us such as Service usage information. This information is transmitted back to us so we can determine how users are interacting with our Services, to assist us with improving our Services, and to correct any problem that may occur.
When we collect usage information (such as the numbers and frequency of visitors to our site), we only use this data in aggregate form, and not in a manner that would identify you personally. For example, this aggregate data tells us how often users use parts of the Website, so that we can make the Website appealing to as many users as possible.
C. E-mail Communications
We may receive a confirmation when you open an email from us. This confirmation helps us make emails more interesting and improve our service. If you do not want to receive email or other mail from us, please indicate your preference by opting out of our email notification services.
If you use a feature of the Service that allows for Recordings (defined below), we collect information from you that you provide in connection with such use and through such Recordings, to the extent you provide it to us. This information may include Personal Data, if you provide us with Personal Data.
For Presenters - By installing or using the Screenleap Service or any other software, tool, or feature that allows for recording (each, a "Recording"), you acknowledge and agree that you and your company are responsible for (i) clearly notifying all individuals (whether or not they are Screenleap users) who are present in a screen share session (whether in-person or remotely) (each, a "Viewer") for which you make a Recording that such a screen share session might be recorded, and (ii) obtaining any consent necessary for such a recording as required by applicable laws, rules and regulations, including without limitation data privacy laws. By making a Recording of any screen share session using any Screenleap Services, you and your company represent and warrant that (a) you have received legally sufficient consent from all Viewers for such a Recording prior to starting a Recording, (b) you will only make, use, store, and otherwise process such a Recording in accordance with applicable laws, rules, and regulations, including data protection laws and (c) you will store and otherwise restrict access to such Recordings using appropriate technical and organizational safeguards. Any person and/or entity who makes a Recording of a screen share session shall be the data controller of that Recording, and Screenleap will be the data processor with respect to the Recording.
For Viewers - Please be advised that for any screen share session that you attend, Recordings can be enabled by a presenter. By signing up for Screenleap's Services or otherwise using them in any way, including without limitation by attending any Screenleap screen share session, you expressly acknowledge that Screenleap may, if instructed by a presenter, make and store Recordings for Screenleap screen share sessions, and make such Recordings available to presenters and other viewers at the direction of the presenter. If you do not want to be recorded, you can choose to leave the screen share session.
III. How Will My Personal Data Be Processed?
We will only process your Personal Data if we have a lawful basis for doing so. Lawful basis for processing include consent, contractual necessity (i.e., processing that is necessary for the performance of a contract with you, such as your user agreement with us that allows us to provide you with the Services) and our "legitimate interests" or the legitimate interest of others (e.g., our users) such as:
- Personalizing, improving or operating our Services and business
- Better understanding your needs and interests
- Fulfilling requests you make related to our Services
- Providing you with information and offers from us or third parties
- Complying with legal obligations, resolving disputes with users, or enforcing our agreements
- Protecting, investigating, and deterring against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, or illegal activity
We process Personal Data for purposes such as:
- To process your orders and deliver the Services that you have ordered
- To provide reports based on information collected from the use of our Services
- To keep you up to date on the latest product and feature announcements, software updates, software upgrades, system enhancements, service disruptions, special offers, and other information
- To provide support and assistance for our Services
- To provide the ability to create personal profile areas and view protected content
- To provide customer feedback and support
- To provide and administer opt-in contests, sweepstakes, or other marketing or promotional activities on the Screenleap Website or affiliated websites
- To the extent you choose to participate, to conduct questionnaires and surveys in order to provide better products and services to our customers and end users
- To support recruitment inquires
- To personalize marketing communications and website content based on your preferences, such as in response to your request for specific information on Services that maybe of interest
- To meet contract or legal obligations
IV. What Are My Rights as a Data Subject?
You have certain rights with respect to your Personal Data as set forth below. Please note that in some circumstances, we may not be able to fully comply with your requests, or we may ask you to provide us with additional information in connection with your request, which may be Personal Data, for example, if we need to verify your identity or the nature of your request. In such situations, however, we will still respond to let you know our decision.
To make any of the following requests, contact us using the information in the "Questions or Concerns" section below.
- Access - You can request more information about the Personal Data we hold about you. You can also request a copy of the Personal Data.
- Rectification - If you believe that any Personal Data we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, you can request that we correct or supplement such data. You can also correct some of this information directly by logging into your account. Please contact us as soon as possible upon noticing any such inaccuracy or incompleteness.
- Objection - You can contact us to let us know that you object to the collection or use of your Personal Data for certain purposes.
- Erasure - You can request that we erase some or all of your Personal Data from our systems.
- Restriction of Processing - You can ask us to restrict further processing of your Personal Data.
- Portability - You have the right to ask for a copy of your Personal Data in a machine-readable format. You can also request that we transmit the data to another entity where technically feasible.
- Withdrawal of Consent - If we are processing your Personal Data based on your consent (as indicated at the time of collection of such data), you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note, however, that if you exercise this right, you may have to then provide express consent on a case-by-case basis for the use or disclosure of certain of your Personal Data, if such use or disclosure is necessary to enable you to utilize some or all of our Services.
- Right to File Complaint - You have the right to lodge a complaint about Screenleap's practices with respect to your Personal Data with the supervisory authority of your country or EU Member State.
V. Will Screenleap Share Any of the Personal Data It Receives?
We neither rent nor sell your Personal Data to anyone. We share your Personal Data in personally identifiable form only as described below.
A. User Submissions - You may submit comments to the blog appearing on the Website. Any content (including without limitation images, captions, and comments) you voluntarily disclose for other users to view on the Website is not Personal Data; it becomes publicly available and can be collected and used by others, and may be redistributed through the internet and other media channels.
B. Communication About the Website - As part of the Website and Services, you may receive communications from us, whether by email or other means. We and our agents may send you email, contact you, or engage you in other communication that we or they determine relate to your use of the Website.
C. Protection of Screenleap and Others - We may release Personal Data when we believe in good faith that release is necessary to comply with the law; enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Screenleap, our employees, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
D. With Your Consent - Except as set forth above, you will be notified when your Personal Data may be shared with third parties, and will be able to prevent the sharing of this information.
VI. Is Personal Data About Me Secure?
Screenleap is committed to protecting the Personal Data that you share with us. We utilize a combination of industry-standard security technologies, procedures, and organizational measures to help protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. When we transfer credit card information over the Internet, we protect it using TLS 1.2 256-bit AES encryption technology.
While we endeavor to protect the privacy of your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee complete security. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of your Personal Data at any time.
The Website may contain links to other third-party sites and services which are outside our control and not covered by this policy. We encourage you to review the privacy policies posted on these (and all) sites you visit or services you use.
VII. Where Will My Personal Data Be Transferred To And Stored?
Our Services are hosted and operated in the United States ("U.S.") through Screenleap and its service providers. We may transfer your Personal Data to the U.S., to any Screenleap affiliate worldwide, or to third parties acting on our behalf for the purposes of processing or storage. By using any of our Services or providing any Personal Data for any of the purposes stated above, you consent to the transfer and storage of your Personal Data, whether provided by you or obtained by a third party, to the U.S. as set forth herein, including the hosting of such Personal Data on U.S. servers.
VIII. What personal Data Can I Access?
You can always view or update the information we have on file about you, by contacting us using the information found in the "Questions or Concerns" section of this policy.
IX. What Choices Do I Have?
You can always opt not to disclose information to us, but keep in mind some information may be needed to take advantage of some of our features, options, customizations, and offers.
You can always add or update information as explained in the "What personal Data Can I Access?" section above. We may use any aggregated data derived from or incorporating your Personal Data after you update or delete it, but not in a manner that would identify you personally.
XI. Questions or Concerns
California Privacy Rights - Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice identifying the categories of personal customer information which we share with our affiliates and/or third parties for marketing purposes, and provide contact information for such affiliates and/or third parties. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to the address below.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our privacy policies, please send us a detailed message using our Support page. We will make every effort to resolve your concerns. You can also contact us by writing to this address:Screenleap, Inc.
808 Bauer Dr
San Carlos, CA 94070
Last updated July 1, 2018
Effective November 1, 2011